Venice Italy webcam resources include official Citta di Venezia webcams of Grand Canal, Saint Mark’s Square, and Rialto bridge.
These official resources to see webcams in Venice have been installed by Istituzione Centro Previsioni e Segnalazioni Maree (ICPSM), and you can see them at www.comune.venezia.it/893
Their cameras are located at the Palazzo Cavalli and Clock Tower (Saint Mark’s Square), at the critical control points in the traffic paths on bridges, in case of acqua alta, high water levels (with particular reference to the problem of floating walkways).
Cameras by ICPSM are not live, but instead, the images you see, are updated in sequence every 20 minutes.
In addition to watching for acqua alta levels, many of the webcams in Venice Italy are installed for entertainment and for checking out other aspects of Venice weather in real time.
These weather webcams are available from several weather related Italian websites, with one of the most notable being IlMeteo, atIlMeteo.it/webcam/Venezia.
With their webcams, you can also check out the live situation for car traffic from Mestre and other parts of the mainland, canal and lagoon traffic for vaporetto water taxis and other boats, and foot traffic within the city’s historical center.
Most of IlMeteo webcams have been gathered from third party resources:
- Mestre ring road (www.webcamvenezia.it)
- Autostrada A57 (VE) Bazzera motorway junction (www.autovie.it)
- Sea view Garden Paradise Camping (www.gardenparadiso.it)
- Union Lido Park & Resort (www.unionlido.com)
- View to Lido di Venezia / the church of San Giorgio Maggiore (www.hoteldanieliview.com)
- La Salute – Canal Grande (www.hoteldanieliview.com)
- Piazza San Marco (www.comune.venezia.it)
- Mestre motorway junction to Marghera (www.autovepd.it)
- View to Canal Grande from locanda Sturion (www.camsturion.com)
- Piazza San Marco from torre dell’Orologio (www.comune.venezia.it)
- Piazza San Marco (www.hotelconcordia.com)
- Mestre Castellana motorway exit (www.cavspa.it)
- Autostrada A27 (VE) motorway north exit (www.cavspa.it)
- Canal Grande (www.comune.venezia.it)
- Canal Grande and Rialto bridge (www.comune.venezia.it)
- Favaro Veneto (VE) north view (meteofavaro.altervista.org)
- Saint Mark’s basin (www.ismar.cnr.it)
- Oceanographic platform (www.ve.ismar.cnr.it)
- Camping San marco beach (www.campingsanmarco.it)
- Dorsoduro (www.hotelamerican.it)
- Jesolo (VE) beach from Hotel Janeiro (www.webcamjesolo.com)
- Lido di Venezia – Des Bains beach (www.sabvenezialido.com)
- Autostrada A4 (VE) Terraglio exit (www.cavspa.it)
- Camping Enzo Stella Maris beach (www.enzostellamaris.com)